We are looking for some more players for a Social 8’s Women’s side, which is social T20 cricket format so if you are looking to try cricket out or play a with a group of friends socially then this is grade for you.
A fun, fast format of the game with over limits and score limits to ensure everyone is involved in the match and is intended for the enjoyment of the game and get out on an afternoon playing some sport.
The Social 8 T20 Series is played on a Saturday afternoon which starts at 2pm. You don’t need any cricket gear if you don’t have any as the club will supply team gear bag for you to use!
- 2pm Start, 20 Minute break between innings
- Team of 8 Players
- No Bowler can bowl more that 5 overs
- Each over has 6 Balls but a maximum of 8
- No Bowler can take more than 4 wickets
- A Batsman who scores 50 must retire immediately, but may return once the rest of the team has batted
- No more than 4 fielders on the leg side, and 2 fielder maximum behind square leg
Because we are the Women’s part of Burnside West University Cricket Club have plenty of University of Canterbury and some Lincoln University students playing in the club.
This is great way to come back to game, and if you want to take it more seriously then playing Div 1 or Premier Cricket is also available
For more information call Alyssa Millard 0278 768 448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can register here: Registrations